Financial Planner, Farringdon, Central London (EC1V)
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 plus generous benefits package (including 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays + 12 refresher/study days + support with professional training, generous employers pension contribution + income protection benefit + private medical insurance + life assurance etc.)
The Role: We are seeking a Financial Planner for our central London Office. The successful Financial Planner will support the Client Relationship Managers with the day to day management of their clients’ accounts. You will assist in client meetings and follow-up actions, liaising with clients on a day to day basis. You will enjoy the encouragement and support required to achieve Chartered or Certified Financial Planner status and to become CF30 qualified, taking on a full advisory role when your experience allows.
The Person: You will be a Financial Planner or experienced Paraplanner who is Diploma qualified (Dip PFS) and keen to be involved in client meetings and develop your level of expertise and professional qualifications. The successful candidate is likely to have experience of holistic financial planning and dealing with high net worth clients.
Us: Paradigm Norton is an award-winning fee-based financial planning company who provide holistic financial advice to high net worth individuals and families. Putting the client’s goals at the heart of the process we deliver creative solutions across a range of disciplines – comprehensive and bespoke financial planning, investment portfolio management, retirement and pension planning, tax and estate planning and advice on giving and philanthropy. They are proud to boast one of the most talented and highly qualified financial planning teams in the UK, employing individuals with the insight and capacity to readily translate complex financial issues and strategies into workable solutions.
Financial Planner (experienced Paraplanner) responsibilities:
- Assist the client relationship managers in the delivery of exceptional client service.
- Attend client meetings with other advisers as required and produce follow up notes and work to a high standard.
- Take part in client meetings presenting cashflow or other areas of the planning process.
- Collate and maintain information and documents required to support the advice team in providing compliant advice.
- Analyse portfolios, performance, benchmarks, progress towards goals, and asset allocation.
- Assist with the preparation of rebalancing and new investment recommendations with all attendant tax planning opportunities observed.
- Prepare advice letters, detailed reports and financial plans.
- Create and maintain clients’ cash flow forecasts/balance sheets.
- Ensure all supporting documentation and back office systems are maintained as per company procedures and processes.
- Ensure all client files remain compliant.
- Provide an efficient, friendly and professional point of contact for clients and enquiries by telephone, email and in person.
- Assist in the processing of and successful implementation of all clients’ affairs.
- Technical research.
- CPD – ensuring you remain fully up to date with developments in legislation, investment and technology.
- Contribute to development of best practice within the Financial Planning Team.
Financial Planner (experienced Paraplanner) Skills and Experience required:
- 4-5 years’ experience in similar role (Financial Planner, Paraplanner, Financial Adviser).
- Diploma in Financial Planning (Dip PFS).
- Preferably working towards Certified/Chartered Financial Planner qualifications (support with this will be provided).
- Experience of holistic financial planning and dealing with high net worth clients.
- Knowledge of all areas of financial planning – investment portfolio management, pensions, protection, estate planning etc.
- Understanding of the pension Lifetime Allowance and planning around this (Fixed Protection/Individual Protection etc.).
- Experience of cashflow modelling
- The ability to manage workflow and delegate tasks effectively.
- Professional appearance and confident manner.
- A team player with the necessary interpersonal skills to build professional relationships with clients, staff and professional connections.
- Experience of working alongside other professional organisations, e.g. Solicitors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Adaptable and confident with emerging technologies and able to utilise these to deliver improvement to client service and reporting.
Closing date: Wednesday 31st July 2019
The successful Financial Planner (experienced Paraplanner) will enjoy a highly rewarding career working for an award winning and progressive company who invest in their team and value and reward individual contribution.
To apply, please use this link.
Dawn O’Shea recruits directly on behalf of Paradigm Norton Financial Planning Ltd so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being short-listed you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.